These spiced carrots are healthy yummy and perfect as a side dish for the holidays!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups sliced carrots, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces, or baby carrots
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, paprika, cumin, and cinnamon.
- Stir for a few seconds until fragrant but not browned.
- Add carrots, water, lemon juice and salt and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until almost tender, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring often, until the carrots are just tender and the liquid is beginning to thicken, approximately 2 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in parsley. Serve hot or at room temperature.