This bright colored creamy soup combines a few health boosting ingredients that helps promote gut health. This yummy healthy soup can be served hot or cold.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 white onion cleaned and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 ½ pounds young carrots, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground turmeric or 1-inch piece of turmeric root, peeled and grated
- Freshly ground pepper to your liking
- 4 cups filtered water
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- Melt coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sweat the onions, garlic, and minced ginger for 1 to 2 minutes. Do not brown or develop color.
- Add carrots, salt, cinnamon and turmeric and cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until carrots are very soft, 20-25 minutes.
- Puree soup in batches in a high speed blender.
- If serving cold, chill soup for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.