Swiss Chard packs a punch of anti-inflammatory antioxidants and is packed with nutrition to support your overall health.
- 2tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt or dulse flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 2 tbsp rice milk
- Heat broiler to high heat.
- In a large, ovenproof sauté pan over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil until it shimmers.
- Add Swiss chard, red roasted peppers, shallots, garlic powder, salt and pepper, cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Reduce to medium heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg whites together and the water.
- Carefully pour egg white mixture over the cooked chard. Cook without stirring until eggs begin to set around the edges.
- Using a spatula, carefully pull away from the solid egg whites away from the edges of the pan. Tilt the pan so uncooked egg white mixture to flow into spaces you just created. Cook until mixture sets again once cooked; transfer the pan to the preheated broiler. Broil until puffy and brown on top, 2-3 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.