- 6 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced shallot (1 large)
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dulse flakes or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey bacon, and sauté until bacon begins to brown. Remove pan from heat. Remove the turkey bacon from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan (discard the rest of the drippings). Return pan to medium-high heat, and stir in turkey bacon, shallot, and Brussels sprouts; sauté 4 minutes. Add garlic, and saute for 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chicken broth, and bring to a boil. Cook until the broth mostly evaporates and the sprouts are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in dulse flakes/sea salt and black pepper.