We all spend a lot of time working out to get our self healthy, fit and looking our very best. There are times we lose motivation and give up on our workouts. Below are six tips to fuel your motivation and get the best results from your work-out and that will keep you looking beach sexy all year long.
- Find an exercise you enjoy: Before you even decide to enter a gym, you must figure out what type of exercise you really want to do. Not everyone was born to go hit the gym and lift weights. Someone may enjoy taking classes like yoga, pilates, Zumba or my favorite Kickboxing. You may also enjoy outdoor exercises such as swimming, walking, jogging or even kayaking. In order to stick to a workout routine, you must first find what exercise you enjoy to doing.
- Accountability: If you’re finding it hard to stay motivated sticking to your workout plan, find an accountability partner. An accountability partner could be a friend, family member or personal trainer. Having an accountability partner can eliminate problems with the progression of your workout, inconsistent workouts and lack of motivation. When someone is keeping you accountable it makes it harder for you to flake out and easier for you to show up and commit to the workout goal you have set for yourself.
- Hydrate: Dehydration is a primary cause of low energy, headaches, poor concentration, muscle cramps, and digestive issues. We all know that hydrating before, during and after exercise is critical to your performance. It normalizes body temperature, replaces sweat loss and assists in nutrient transport for energy. Most people are chronically dehydrated. If you are dehydrated, it will take you longer to recover from your workout. Drink 16-20 ounces of water prior to your workout and during your workout, drink four to six ounces every 15-20 minutes, especially during intense and long workouts.
- Change up your routine: By changing your exercise routine every six to eight weeks, it keeps it interesting and exciting. You will also keep your body guessing by changing it up a bit, and you are less likely to stop working out. Try a DVD, a new class at your gym or a whole new form of exercises like swimming or canoeing.
- Fueling for Fitness: If your workout includes weight training, eating protein before your workout will help your muscles stay strong and energized through your workout. After your workout, have some branched-chain amino acids and lots of water. This will keep your metabolism strong after your workout.
- Recovering well: After your workout reach for a fast-absorbing protein shake made from whey or eggs. Some health coaches recommend a tablespoon of honey and a fast-acting protein, as these will be taken into the muscles quickly, to their plan benefit, right after a workout.
By following these 6 simple steps you’ll stick to your exercise routine and get the most out of your workout to reach your health and fitness goals. See ya at the beach!