Spring has sprung and many of us are already experiencing allergy symptoms. With the high pollen counts, you may be tempted to reach for an over the counter nasal spray. What is an allergy sufferer to do? Look to Mother Nature for some of the best remedies created by nature to treat allergies. There are so many effective natural and alternative therapies available for seasonal allergies. These natural therapies can safely and effectively help people with allergies reduce symptoms so they can get the relief they so desperately desire.
- Neti Pot: Although not produced by Mother Nature. An original tradition from India, a Neti pot rinses away allergens with salt water and has been used for centuries to flush sinuses of annoying seasonal allergies symptoms.
- Licorice root: Helps to soothe inflammation and redness caused by allergies.
- Eucalyptus: Assist in clearing your nose and throat to help you breathe easier.
- Stinging Nettle: If you want something that acts like an antihistamine This herb is for you! Nettle inhibits the body’s ability to produce histamine without the unwanted side effect of over the counter allergy medications.
- Boswellia: This herb helps reduce allergic responses and inflammation that seasonal allergies can cause. Something we all desire during allergy season.
- Water: Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day can flush lingering toxins out of your system. Keeping yourself fully hydrated has been shown to lower histamine levels. Washing your face and hands when you come indoors will help cleanse away the pollen that blows onto your skin. Also change into a fresh set of clothes once you get indoors to get rid the pollen that sticks to your clothes.
- Check pollen counts: Checking pollen counts every day during allergy season can prove to be helpful it can help you take preventative action and will help you plan outdoor activities.
- Air conditioners: Keep windows closed on high pollen days. Run air conditioners instead of fans. A fan will blow more pollen into the room.
- Foods high in omega -3 fatty acids: Omega-3’s help fight inflammation. Such foods are coldwater fish such as Salmon and mackerel, walnuts, and flax seeds are just a few of the many omega-3 enriched foods.
- Horseradish: Horseradish helps clear the sinuses quickly. A daily dose of half a teaspoon of horseradish can help clear away symptoms of allergies.
There are many more natural and alternative therapies you can use. You don’t have to suffer during allergy season or be a slave to over the counter drugs when you have a plethora of natural and alternative remedies to fight off those nasty spring allergy symptoms. Your body will thank you for it!
Note: The information in this article is intended for educational purpose only. It is not intended directly or indirectly to give medical advice, diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Consult your medical practitioner before taking any dietary supplement.