Halloween has always been my all-time favorite holiday. However, I get the he-bee-gee-bees when I think of all the unhealthy treats that are given to children on this holiday. Like myself, there are many adults that are concern about the type of candy they’ll be handing out to the little ghost and goblins knocking at their doors this Halloween. It always seems around this time of year I have parents asking me the same question, are there any alternatives to the popular traditional horrifying treats filled with unnatural artificial colors, flavors and preservatives? These popular treats are soo scary they can make a zombie run for cover!
Being a Halloween lover I have searched high and low for yummy healthier options and I have found some frightfully healthy treats you will not be afraid to hand out to your children and the little monsters knocking at your door this Halloween! These treats are gluten free, without all the sugar the average Halloween candy has and best of all they taste great!
- Surf Sweets Spooky Spiders: These wiggle gummy spooky spiders are made with organic fruit juice and come in 4 spooktacular fruity flavors, blueberry, cherry, lime and tangerine! They are made in a nut-free facility, so no worries if you have little ones that are allergic*. As you’re handing out these awesome treats to the Witches and Vampires you’ll feel good knowing a portion of the proceeds benefits Eco-Mom Alliance. http://www.ecomomalliance.org/ You can find these at Whole foods supermarket. *Always read the label to make sure a product is nut-free.
- Annie’s Homegrown Halloween Bunny Grahams: My niece and nephew love these! The yummy whole grain honey and chocolate cookies are in adorable shape of bunnies. Have no fear, they are made with organic wheat and they have no artificial flavors, synthetic colors or synthetic preservatives, as well as zero trans-fat and no cholesterol. These little packs of cookies hold big flavor which make them a special treat for Halloween or anytime! You can buy them at amazon.com and whole foods supermarket.
- Endangered Species Dark Chocolate Treats: Theses individually wrapped delectable treats are made from 72% cocoa content, are certified gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO project verified and kosher. These Natural Dark Chocolate Halloween Treats are made with delicious, ethically-sourced cocoa that your little werewolves and ghosts will love! Endangered species chocolate sources cocoa beans from family owned cooperatives where the income benefits the community and you’ll feel good knowing 10% of the net profits from sales are donated to fund species and habitat conservation efforts. You can order these from your local health food store or wholefoods supermarket.
- Synder’s Of Hanover Halloween pretzel Snack Sacks: These Halloween snack sacks of bite size pretzels come in a Jack-o’-lantern decorated bag. They are fat free and sugar free and kids love them! You can find these at whole foods supermarket or Walmart.
- Enviro kidz Organic Chocolate Koala Mini Crispy Rice Bars: These chocolaty mini treats are organic, have 0 grams of trans-fat, and are made with 4 grams of whole grains. They are low in fat and sodium, are gluten and wheat free and have no artificial flavors or preservatives. These sweet crunchy treats and are a Halloween favorite at my home. These are available at whole foods supermarket or your local health foods store.
You no longer need to be terrified about what treats to give to the monsters lurking at your door this Halloween. With these healthy wholesome treats you’ll have the little boils and ghouls coming back for more.