Prep time: 20 minutes
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse acorn squash then cut the squash in half and remove seeds. After you remove seeds, place acorn squash cut-sides down and slice into 3/4-inch-thick half-moons across ridges.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and maple syrup. Reserve half.
- Add squash to the remaining balsamic mixture and toss to coat. Arrange squash on the baking sheets in a single layer. Season squash with salt, pepper, and cinnamon.
- Roast 15 minutes Turn squash slices over, roast another 15-25 minutes, until tender. During the last 5 minutes of cook time, sprinkle the pecans over squash to toast. To serve drizzle with reserved balsamic mixture. Transfer squash and pecans to a serving platter.